We are a global organization offering a world of opportunities.
Due to ongoing growth and success in financial area, CGI Estonia is seeking experienced senior Software Developer (Java) to join our world-class IT solution company for permanent full-time role in our Tallinn office. This role provides leading IT services to our clients and we are seeking talented individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development to work closely with our clients.
From us you can expect:
• Interesting and impactful experience in Finance & Insurance field;
• Great colleagues and developers community within CGI Group;
• Opportunities to grow, have extended and diverse career;
• Great and diverse training possibilities - certification courses/exams, conferences, case studies and knowledge sharing with in the whole CGI group, with over 73 000+ professionals in 40+ countries.
Our family and health-friendly environment: massage, fresh fruits, sport compensation, flexible working hours, etc., will help you to take care of your body and mind alongside your everyday work.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work in team-oriented environment, providing software development, technical expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on a variety of enterprise scale applications and projects;
• Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and architects to develop high-quality, effective enterprise software solutions;
• Understand and apply a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques;
• Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements;
• Understand and adhere to policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management;
• Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years software development experience using Java and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions.
• Strong CORE Java knowledge.
• Extensive Experience with J2EE applications and development frameworks (like Spring, Hibernate) required.
• API Development experience using RESTful services.
• Large project experience with high transaction volumes is required.
• Experience with agile development.
• NodeJS and npm are good to know.
• Familiarity with banking or insurance sector IT environments and security policies.
• Familiarity with Databases (Oracle, MongoDB or mySQL), PL/SQL.
• Familiarity with UML modeling and related tools.
• Knowledge of technical documentation preparing.
• Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes.
• Application servers: Tomcat, Websphere, and WebLogic.
• Java EE technologies: JSF, EJB, Web Services, JMS, JCA, Security, Authentication, JUnit Testing.
• Continuous Integration products: Jenkins/TeamCity, Maven, Subversion and GIT.
• Report servers: Jasper Reports.
• Knowledge of some of the modern frontend frameworks as a plus(Angular, React or other).
• At least Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, SASS as a plus.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.