CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 77 500 professionals in 40 countries, of which nearly 200 in Estonia in 2 cities – Tallinn and Tartu. We create software systems and products in a number of areas - public sector, geospatial and remote sensing, space, telecommunications, energy and utilities, medical and healthcare, banking and insurance, etc.
Our teams are behind such solution like GIS 112 information system used for processing emergency notifications, eCall, which automatically dials single emergency number in the car accidents, European global satellite-based navigation system Galileo, new design for Estonian State Information Portal and many-many more.
Do you want to be a part of a team, which helps societies to advance towards a more innovative, secure and sustainable future? Do you want to be more than just an employee is? We are members and shareholders of a company who go beyond the ordinary to build a better tomorrow.
Due to ongoing growth, CGI Estonia is seeking an experienced Software Developer (Java) to join our world-class IT solution company for a permanent full-time role in our Tallinn office. This role provides leading IT services to our clients and we are looking for a talented individual, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, to work closely with our clients.
Your future responsibilities:
• Work in a team-oriented environment, providing software development, technical expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on a variety of enterprise scale applications and projects
• Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and architects to develop high-quality, effective enterprise software solutions
• Understand and apply a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques
• Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience in software development, using Java, and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions
• Extensive Experience with J2EE applications and development frameworks (like Spring or Hibernate)
• Previous experience with databases (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL)
• API Development experience using RESTful services and familiar with Docker and Kubernetes would be a plus
• Knowledge of some of the modern front-end frameworks would be a plus (Angular, React or other)
• Opportunity for diverse work experience in Estonian and international CGI projects
• Become an owner of CGI through a share participation plan
• Competitive wage package – good base salary and being part of every year´s profit sharing
• Opportunities for professional development and growth – horizontally, vertically or diagonally
• A good work-life balance and health-friendly work environment with several benefits
• Possibility to contribute into charitable activities, help advance green and sustainable thinking and behaviors
• MOST IMPORTANT: experienced and cheerful colleagues in Estonia and abroad, and team events!
We will offer you a membership beyond the ordinary:
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our members. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As a member of CGI you has the opportunity to be an owner and to work in an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. With us, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to take care of yourself and the communities around you. You will have the opportunity to work with major local and global clients from different industries in challenging projects that have a true impact on our future. With us at CGI you can develop your career as an expert or if you like or take new steps towards managerial position. It’s up to you to get our full support to get you where you want to be.
This is what we call a membership beyond the ordinary.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! Apply for the position by clicking on the “I´m interested" button at the top or bottom of the page.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.