CGI has a current requirement for a Windows System Administrator to provide second and third level support (Installation, configuration, analysis, maintenance and support), primarily (80% of time spent) supporting at least two of the following: MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/current version systems operating in a networked environment utilizing Internet based technology
Your future duties and responsibilities
• System Management including System Installation, Configuration, Administration, Analysis and maintenance;
• Documentation development and maintenance for software installation, migration and operations;
• Perform Project Management as it relates to a System Support environment;
• Provide support to multiple partners and clients including application development teams;
• Monitoring and processing of service management systems such as Infoman/ECD and responding to Incident Reports (IRs), Requests for Changes (RFCs), Problem Reports (PRs) and Solution Requests (SRs) within defined SLAs;
• Analyze business requirements/technical incidents/problems, design and implement sound solutions;
• Documentation (such as, but not limited to: Weekly Status Reports, Installation procedures and Build Books, Maintenance procedures, Specifications and standards, Design documentation, Solution and Implementation Requests; Support procedures, backup and restore procedures, etc)
The Contract Authority will ensure that the Intermediate Windows Systems Administrator has full access to all relevant resources and documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Over six (6) years of experience working as a System Administrator with a minimum of 3 years of experience, in a Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012 R2 or Hyper-V environment.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience analyzing business requirements and technical incidents/problems and implementing solutions.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012 R2 or Hyper-V performance analysis and server tuning.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience, performing Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012 R2 or Hyper-V clustering, patching, backups, and restores.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience, in the last six (6) years, using enterprise tools for each of the following: ticketing, monitoring & backups
• Must currently hold a valid Federal Government security clearance at the level of: Secret (II)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.