CGI has a current requirement for a Senior Programmer/Analyst to provide assistance and guidance related to the design, development and operational tasks relating to the service management tools and systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Coding technical specifications and testing of service management systems
• Preparing estimates and schedules for required changes and new releases;
• Designing architecture and detailed design documentation for service management systems;
• Planning, preparation, submission and analysis of Incident Reports (IRs), Requests for Changes (RFCs) and Solution Requests (SRs);
• Planning and analysis of vendor notification of product maintenance and upgrades;
• Planning and analysis associated with projects assigned by a Service Request;
• Exporting/importing of data between systems;
• Defining and executing engineering level test plans for systems;
• Operational support related to the in-scope software functions;
• Installing in-scope software for supporting Service Management tools;
• Recommending and executing upgrades for in-scope software;
• Documenting and updating systems procedure and process modifications required for new implementations and updates;
• Attending design meetings to provide technical advice and direction for the proposed implementation and required modifications to service management systems;
• Assuring system backups, integrity and reliability;
• Making technical and procedural recommendations regarding service management systems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10+ years of experience as a Programmer/analyst working on the tasks listed above.
• 10+ years demonstrated experience working in a position of third level support in an ITSM environment, primarily developing and tailoring (including coding and testing) service management systems
• 10+ years demonstrated experience in identifying impacts, developing realistic estimates and schedules for required changes and new releases.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience in Java coding.
• Must currently hold a valid Secret Security Clearance
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.