CGI in Atlantic Canada are looking for high performing Senior Business Analyst with a background in ERP solutions including in finance, accounting, procurement, customer service and billing to work as part of a small team. The Business Analyst will play a hands-on role working with business Stakeholders to perform workshop facilitation, business analysis, elicit business requirements and preparing gap analysis. In addition, the Business Analyst will be required to develop functional specifications, create documentation (training, process and data models), work with developers and other members of a dynamic project team for a new ERP deployment project.
Preference will be given to certified individuals (CBAP or PMI-PBA) with five (5) years of experience in ERP systems public sector organizations.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Elicit and document requirements using document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user request from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and identify areas that need improvement or updating
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding on how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Serve as the IT liaison between the stakeholders and the IT team members through which requirements and specifications will flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborate with IT team members and other subject matter experts to establish the solution vision and analyze trade-offs between usability, cost and efficiencies gained
- Actively participate in the QA process including development of test case scenarios
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5 years of experience in Business/System Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, IT/Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Utilities / Finance/ Public sector experience highly preferred
- Experiencing in finance, accounting, procurement, customer service and billing business domains preferred
- ERP Systems experience is highly preferred - Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing preferably in a cloud based environment
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, staff and other subject matter experts
- Experience in contributing to cost/benefit and ROI analysis
- Be result oriented and have a record of success in meeting deadlines
- Requirements Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Business Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Use Cases
- User Acceptance Testing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Requirement Management
- Use cases
- Enterprise Resource Planning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.